duminică, 20 noiembrie 2011

To be or not to be...honest?!

Good morning to you all. It's 8,30 am and I woke up in a very meditation mood. :) I only have one question in my mind: to be or not to be honest?
Last days I have written an email to a very big CEO I met at a conference. It was a business meeting, I had this great opportunity to attend it and I am still excited about. There I had the chance to practice my english, French and romanian, of course but the fact I disliked the most - I have understood that with baby comes a new territory. You are connected to a different reality, that of how to do best for your child, how to improve your motherhood skills but that takes you away from environments for grown-ups. I talked with biggest figures in that huge company and I am being proud of my abilities to even say a word knowing myself as the shyest person on Earth.
After that conference everything changed. I have understood I am not just a mommy. I need to be provoked, I need to be able to express myself in different language beside ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, I need to be challenged and with this understanding, I opened a door.
Told you I wrote a mail. Yes, I discovered I am not "trained" for business point of view, I think as a psychologist and for that, well, I don't blame myself. But the CEO wrote me back a business reply and I didn't get it. I read the letter as coming from a newest friend u make and not as a business polite reply. Got the picture? I felt like i had betrayed myself because I didn't know how to interpret the 2 sentences. I was being friendly with the man, which by the way, is so modest, sociable and cute, that only saw in me a woman talking too much for a business meeting :)
Omg, I felt so ashamed when I realized the mistake I did. Business and friends don't belong in the same sentence. Meeting and honesty don't do also.
Hear my conclusion: honesty is not for business meetings. It is never used as an advantage so get rid if that friendly look, battleling eyelashes and emotioned shaking hands. Your look needs to be icy, yet complex. Your tone has to be low, serious and full of meaning itself.
Eh, what the hell, I need to become a business woman to understand this code...
Thank you, mr. CEO!
P.s.: :))

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu